Three years ago, the Schoola shop opened its doors online. At the time, we were working with a pilot group of just five schools and settling into our very first warehouse. We knew firsthand that with each wave of school budget cuts, kids were losing out, and we wanted to enable parents and community members to support crucial programs as easily as possible (no cookie dough or wrapping paper sales required!).
Since then, hundreds of thousands of families across the U.S. have joined with Schoola to support our children — by donating, by organizing clothing drives, by shopping, by sharing our name with friends, and more.
Here are some of the amazing things you’ve accomplished so far:
- You’ve saved enough water to fill 440 Olympic-size swimming pools by donating your gently used clothing. Did you know that for every preloved item that finds a new home through our shop, more than 1,000 gallons of water are saved that would have otherwise been used manufacturing a new item?
- And you’ve sent in tons of clothing – literally. The number of pounds of clothing donations we’ve received from you is equal to the weight of 50 school buses.
- From the 5 schools we started out with three years ago, we’ve grown to 30,000 schools that are now partnering with Schoola.
- If we lined up all the bags you’ve requested so far to benefit Malala Fund, we could reach the top of Mount Everest three times.
- All told, you’ve impacted 6 million students whose schools have benefited from Schoola, helping maintain crucial funding for art, music, P.E., and more.
Thank you for making these first three years awesome. We can’t wait to see what’s next!