Here at Schoola we’ve got a lot to celebrate. We are only halfway through the year and we have already experienced tremendous growth, and we owe it all to our dedicated donors and shoppers. Since our start in 2014, we’ve run over 3,300 school-wide clothing drives, and fulfilled over 129,518 requests to donate by mail.
We are overwhelmed by the participation from donors all over the country and will be working hard all summer to get donations processed. In the meantime it is taking longer than our standard six weeks to process donations. We want you to know that we are working hard to get this backlog cleared by the end of the summer so that schools can continue earning as quickly as possible.
Why does processing my donation take so long?
Many of you may be wondering why it takes as long as it does to process your donations. In order for us to provide more clarity, we have broken down the steps of processing donations:
- To provide high- quality gently used clothing, every item is hand- sorted and inspected for any blemishes.
- We assign each item dozens of attributes to help shoppers find what they are looking for.
- We offer photos of each item, including front and back views.
Our goal is to provide you with the best shopping experience possible. While each step in the process adds valuable details and makes shopping at Schoola more fun, it also adds more time to the process.
Updates to Operations and Logistics
We have also made internal improvements to give our employees the best tools for speed and success. To decrease processing times we have:
- Implemented new inventory software to streamline the upload of new items to the site.
- Increased the number of warehouse employees to meet the growing demand.
- Invested in automation equipment to increase efficiency.
Lend a Hand
While we are working hard to reduce our processing, there are also ways that you as a donor can help speed up the process. Donor best practice guidelines include:
- Donate items that are clean and in good condition. It takes our team longer to sort through clothing that does not meet our selling standards. See full list of items we accept.
- Be sure to completely fill out the donation sticker on your donation bag or box. We prioritize donations that arrive with completed stickers.
- Providing your email address also allows us to send you exclusive promotions and offers as a thank you for donating!
From all of us here at Schoola, we would like to thank all of our donors and shoppers for your continued support. We look forward to an awesome second half of the year and more great milestones!